Posted to proton@qpid.apache.org by yf <Ya...@ygomi.com> on 2015/06/08 06:28:40 UTC

has someone successfully built proton-c for iOS?

We are interested in using Proton-C library in an iOS app so that data can be
sent to Qpidd server from iOS app.

However, it seems that we can hardly find relevant materials for using
Proton-C in an iOS app? We find some Proton introduction slides mentioned
that proton-c is designed with portability in mind and iOS and Android are
listed as the possible platforms to run Proton.

Regards,
yf

Re: has someone successfully built proton-c for iOS?

Posted by aconway <ac...@redhat.com>.
On Sun, 2015-06-07 at 21:28 -0700, yf wrote:
> We are interested in using Proton-C library in an iOS app so that
> data can be
> sent to Qpidd server from iOS app.
>
> However, it seems that we can hardly find relevant materials for
> using
> Proton-C in an iOS app? We find some Proton introduction slides
> mentioned
> that proton-c is designed with portability in mind and iOS and
> Android are
> listed as the possible platforms to run Proton.

I'm not aware of anyone having done that yet, but proton was designed
with portability in mind and should be able to run on iOS. Hopefully
the folks on this list can help you out with any problems you find, and
if you do write up the lessons you learn it would be a great addition
to the proton
documentation.

Cheers,
Alan.