Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Bob Swerdlow <rs...@transpose.com> on 2002/03/02 22:42:29 UTC

transactionIsolation level in DBConnection?

Hi, all  -

How do you set the transactionIsolation level when using pooled
DBConnections through Turbine?  I see setTransactionIsolation(int level) in
java.sql.Connection, but DBConnection does not implement that interface.

DBConnection does support getConnect(), which returns a JDBC connection, but
then an I using the pooled connection?  If so, I guess I can do all my work
through the Connection.  Do I then close() the Connection when I'm done or
just call releaseConnection(DBConnection db) for the DBConnection that gave
me the Connection (that seems risky because it must invalidate the
Connection as a side effect of closing the DBConnection).

Thanks for your help!

Bob Swerdlow
Chief Operating Officer
Transpose, LLC
rswerdlow@transpose.com

Re: transactionIsolation level in DBConnection?

Posted by Bob Swerdlow <rs...@transpose.com>.
Daniel -Thanks.  So, I should not call close() on the Connection - just
releaseConnection() on the DBConnection that created it?  I'll give that a
try.

Thanks,
Bob

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: transactionIsolation level in DBConnection?

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
"Bob Swerdlow" <rs...@transpose.com> writes:

> DBConnection does support getConnect(), which returns a JDBC connection, but
> then an I using the pooled connection?  If so, I guess I can do all my work
> through the Connection.

Yes, that'll do it.