Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by mark peleus <ma...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/02 08:37:26 UTC

using HebMorph

Hi

I'm trying to use HebMorph, a new Hebrew analyzer.
http://github.com/itaifrenkel/HebMorph/tree/master/java/

The instructions says:

   1. Download the code from
here<http://github.com/synhershko/HebMorph/tree/master/java/>
   .
   2. Use the hebmorph ant
script<http://github.com/synhershko/HebMorph/blob/master/java/hebmorph/build.xml>to
build the hebmorph project.
   3. Use the lucene.hebrew ant
script<http://github.com/synhershko/HebMorph/blob/master/java/lucene.hebrew/build.xml>to
build the lucene.hebrew project.
   4. Copy both jar files to the solr/lib folder.
   5. Edit your solr/conf/schema.xml file to use the analyzer you choose to
   use.

I've installed the Solr package under ubuntu Lucyd.
I've completed steps 1-3.

Where do I put the jar files?
How do I make Solr use the analyzer?

Thanks

Re: using HebMorph

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
I don't know the paths in the Solr package for Ubuntu. In the Solr
apache release, you go to the example/ directory. The example/solr
directory needs a new lib directory, and you copy the jars to there.
Then run 'java -jar start.jar' still in the example/ directory.

Solr should start. Now, you need to study example/solr/conf/schema.xml
and look at what Analyzers do.  Good luck!

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com