Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org> on 2012/12/09 11:37:47 UTC

prepare release of maven-release-plugin

Hi,

I'd like to prepare a release of the maven-release-plugin 2.4 soon.
Most important changes have to do with profiles.
For Maven2 there's no change, but for Maven3 we can use the
MavenExecutionRequest to get the active profiles.

There are still unsolved issues bound to this release, which I like to
move forward to the 2.5 release:

     * [MRELEASE-166] - release:prepare should always check for local
modifications
     * [MRELEASE-263] - Interactive plugins cannot work in forked executions
     * [MRELEASE-356] - deprecate the automated release profile
     * [MRELEASE-398] - release:prepare: endlessly asking for the next
development version on a multi-module project when not entering the
expected value
     * [MRELEASE-682] - support for git svn (Assigned to Olivier)
     * [MRELEASE-719] - No error when release:prepare with an already
existing scm tag (Assigned to Olivier)

If there are other fixes which you'd like include, let me know.

thanks,

Robert

Re: prepare release of maven-release-plugin

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
and MRELEASE-719 too.
ATM I don't have time to work on that.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.