Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@kiwi.ics.uci.edu> on 1998/06/27 10:18:24 UTC

Re: Alternates header

>RFC 2068 doesn't impose any restrictions on the situations where
>the Alternates header can or should be used, so I'm wondering why
>Apache does not output this header for every negotiated resource.
>
>Can someone shed some light on this?

Because it was never completed beyond the early draft.  The current
Alternates drafts are at

    http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/#conneg

if you want to fix it up.

....Roy

Re: Alternates header

Posted by Lars Eilebrecht <La...@unix-ag.org>.
According to Roy T. Fielding:

[..TCN..]
>  Because it was never completed beyond the early draft.  The current
>  Alternates drafts are at
>
>      http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/#conneg

Hmm... RFC 2295 is somewhat more complete about the Alternates stuff.

>  if you want to fix it up.

Well, I put it on my to do list, but I've no idea when I'll be able to
take a closer look at the TCN stuff (I'm currently to busy finishing
my thesis :-/).

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht                      - When a trainstation is where a train
sfx@unix-ag.org                          - stops, what is a workstation?