Posted to user@kylin.apache.org by "Lu, Kang-Sen" <kl...@rbbn.com> on 2019/04/08 15:10:05 UTC

question about kylin cube build failure

I am running kylin 2.5.1.

When I am building a cube with spark engine, I got the following error at "#4 Step Name: Extract Fact Table Distinct Columns".

The log shows the following exception:

2019-04-08 12:59:10,375 WARN scheduler.TaskSetManager: Lost task 5.0 in stage 0.0 (TID 0, hadoop9, executor 1): java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "\N"
        at sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.readJavaFormatString(FloatingDecimal.java:2043)
        at sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.parseDouble(FloatingDecimal.java:110)
        at java.lang.Double.parseDouble(Double.java:538)
        at org.apache.kylin.engine.mr.steps.SelfDefineSortableKey.init(SelfDefineSortableKey.java:57)
        at org.apache.kylin.engine.mr.steps.SelfDefineSortableKey.init(SelfDefineSortableKey.java:66)
        at org.apache.kylin.engine.spark.SparkFactDistinct$FlatOutputFucntion.addFieldValue(SparkFactDistinct.java:444)
        at org.apache.kylin.engine.spark.SparkFactDistinct$FlatOutputFucntion.call(SparkFactDistinct.java:315)
        at org.apache.kylin.engine.spark.SparkFactDistinct$FlatOutputFucntion.call(SparkFactDistinct.java:226)
        at org.apache.spark.api.java.JavaRDDLike$$anonfun$fn$7$1.apply(JavaRDDLike.scala:186)
        at org.apache.spark.api.java.JavaRDDLike$$anonfun$fn$7$1.apply(JavaRDDLike.scala:186)
        at org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD$$anonfun$mapPartitions$1$$anonfun$apply$23.apply(RDD.scala:797)
        at org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD$$anonfun$mapPartitions$1$$anonfun$apply$23.apply(RDD.scala:797)
        at org.apache.spark.rdd.MapPartitionsRDD.compute(MapPartitionsRDD.scala:38)
        at org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD.computeOrReadCheckpoint(RDD.scala:323)
        at org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD.iterator(RDD.scala:287)
        at org.apache.spark.scheduler.ShuffleMapTask.runTask(ShuffleMapTask.scala:96)
        at org.apache.spark.scheduler.ShuffleMapTask.runTask(ShuffleMapTask.scala:53)
        at org.apache.spark.scheduler.Task.run(Task.scala:99)
        at org.apache.spark.executor.Executor$TaskRunner.run(Executor.scala:325)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Anybody saw this same problem?

Thanks.

Kang-sen

Notice: This e-mail together with any attachments may contain information of Ribbon Communications Inc. that
is confidential and/or proprietary for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review, disclosure, reliance or
distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately and then delete all copies, including any attachments.

RE: Re:RE: Re:RE: Re:question about kylin cube build failure

Posted by "Lu, Kang-Sen" <kl...@rbbn.com>.
Hi, Chunen:

Thanks for your funding. This bug KYLIN-3644 is exactly what I have seen. The exception and stack trace matched. Also this bug was fixed and submitted to 2.5.1 on 11/06/2018.

Shaofeng SHI<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=Shaofengshi> added a comment - 06/Nov/18 02:21
“Resolved in release 2.5.1 (2018-11-06)"
I will merge the bug fix into my sandbox.

Kang-sen

Posted by "Lu, Kang-Sen" <kl...@rbbn.com>.
Hi, Chunen: