Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Clay Leeds <we...@mac.com> on 2006/02/16 08:24:12 UTC

xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/

I've completed the bulk of Batik's migration to <http://
xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/>. However, the .htaccess file still
points xmlgraphics.a.o/batik/index.html to xml.a.o/batik.

Test this out by following this link and clicking anything *except* a
link to /batik/index.html (overview)
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/whoAreWe.html

All that's left to complete the change is to:
- remove /www/xmlgraphics.a.o/batik/.htaccess
- create /www/xmlgraphics.a.o/batik/.htaccess which redirects to
xmlgraphics.a.o

There are likely a few places I've missed, which point to xml.a.o
(e.g., xmlg.a.o/ links to Batik, etc.), but those can be fixed later.

I'm happy to complete this change, but I want to wait to ensure the
change is acceptable by the Batik folks.

Clay Leeds
webmaestro@mac.com

-- HH Dalai Lama of Tibet

Re: xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/

Posted by Cameron McCormack <ca...@mcc.id.au>.
Clay Leeds:
> http://people.apache.org/~clay/logo.gif

Heh, nice. :)

--
 Cameron McCormack			ICQ: 26955922
 cam (at) mcc.id.au			MSN: cam (at) mcc.id.au

Re: xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/

Posted by Clay Leeds <we...@mac.com>.
On Feb 15, 2006, at 11:53 PM, Cameron McCormack wrote:
> Clay Leeds:
>> Plan A: leave it alone until we migrate the Batik site to Forrest
>
> Yeah, leave it for now.  I doubt many people click on it anyway. :-)

Heh... it's sort of too late... I've already made a graphic (although
I haven't uploaded it to the LIVE site yet... :-):

Posted by Cameron McCormack <ca...@mcc.id.au>.
Clay Leeds:

Posted by Clay Leeds <we...@mac.com>.
On Feb 15, 2006, at 11:34 PM, Cameron McCormack wrote:
> Hi Clay.
>
> Clay Leeds:
>> Test this out by following this link and clicking anything *except* a
>> link to /batik/index.html (overview)
>> http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/whoAreWe.html
>
> Looks ok to me.

Great!

>> All that's left to complete the change is to:
>> - remove /www/xmlgraphics.a.o/batik/.htaccess
>> - create /www/xmlgraphics.a.o/batik/.htaccess which redirects to
>> xmlgraphics.a.o
>
> Also at the top of the page is a link to xml.apache.org, which
> probably
> should be accompanied by an xmlgraphics.apache.org link, but it's not
> so important.

I meant to add that. In my attempt to 'replace' xml.a.o' from the
Batik site for links to Batik & FOP, as well as the 'parent' project,
I changed them all *except* for the link in the top-left corner. The
reason: it's connected to a 'Apache XML Project' graphic which would
be tough to 'convert' to XML Graphics since it's so small.

Plan A: leave it alone until we migrate the Batik site to Forrest

Plan B: creatively 'blotch' a '^' & the word 'Graphics' over the
graphic... ;-)

> I think the site could do with a revamp, possibly moving to Forrest
> like
> xmlgraphics and fop use, and also a bit of an update of some of the
> content.  But that can wait.

Agreed. I'd like to 'port' it to Forrest, but that'll take some time.

>> I'm happy to complete this change, but I want to wait to ensure the
>> change is acceptable by the Batik folks.
>
> Go right ahead.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Cameron

Done. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

Posted by Clay Leeds <we...@mac.com>.
On Feb 15, 2006, at 11:34 PM, Cameron McCormack wrote:
> Hi Clay.
>
> Clay Leeds:
>> Test this out by following this link and clicking anything *except* a
>> link to /batik/index.html (overview)
>> http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/whoAreWe.html
>
> Looks ok to me.

Great!