Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/09 22:25:11 UTC

Google Summer of Code 2013 Mentor Registration

Folks, [BCC: users@]

Apache Software Foundation (ASF) has been accepted has a mentoring organization for the 2013 Google Summer of Code.

If you wish to be a mentor for a student to work on a CloudStack project there are several "administrative" steps that you will need to do:

1-Add your project idea to JIRA, using the label gsoc2013. Then add an entry in the wiki page I started:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Student+Projects

2-register on the code-awards@apache.org list

3-Follow the email from Ulrich Stark below which tells you to register on the "melange" site run by Google and then inform the PMC (private@cloudstack.apache.org) that you want to be a mentor.

Note that all in all GSoC is a ~4months program, being a mentor will require a firm commitment to the students who may need mentorship/guidance on a daily basis.

-Sebastien

Begin forwarded message:

Re: Google Summer of Code 2013 Mentor Registration

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
This would make a good blog post and tweet!

--
NS