Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andreas Guther <An...@guther.com> on 2004/08/14 17:40:59 UTC

site:deploy plugin - with scp and sftp planned?

Hi:

are there any plans to add to the goal site:deploy in addition to the
protocols
ssh and ftp as well the scp and sftp protocols as available in the
jar:deploy?

I am having a hard time to set up an automated ssh session with public
and private keys.  So far I was not lucky and continue deploying via FS,
samba shares and mapped drives, which is very dependent on a specific
box set-up.

In contrary it is a no-brainer to use scp with jar:deploy where you only
need to put user name and password in your {user.home}/build.properties
file.

Regards,

Andreas

RE: site:deploy plugin - with scp and sftp planned?

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ap...@carlos.cousas.net>.
Hi,

The difference between site and artifact (used by jar:deploy) plugins is
that the first uses binary ssh present in your system and the last uses a
java implementation. We'd like to move site also to a java based solution
but it hasn't been scheduled (yet).

Regards

Carlos Sanchez
A Coruña, Spain