Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Bert Van Kets <be...@vankets.com> on 2002/07/31 12:02:05 UTC

creating new file with SWT

Hi all,
I am trying to get the SourceWritingTransformer to create a new XML
file.  Is this possible at all?  All the samples I find write to existing
files.  The portal is the only sample that writes new files, but it's using
session:target to create the new files.

Anyway, here's my code snip

      <page>
        <source:write>
          <source:source>docs/<xsl:value-of
select="$dir"/>/my.xml</source:source>
          <source:fragment><page>
            <title>new page</title>
            <description>description of new page</description>
            <content>Enter your content here</content>
          </page></source:fragment>
        </source:write>
      </page>

And the pipeline that manages it

<map:generate type="request"/>
<map:transform src="admin/styles/new-page.xsl">
   <map:parameter name="dir" value="{1}"/>
</map:transform>
<map:transform type="write-source"/>
<map:serialize type="xml"/>

I'm using CVS HEAD from May 15th.  Should I update?

Any help is welcome!

Bert