Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Ashish Thusoo <at...@facebook.com> on 2008/11/26 19:48:38 UTC

Cutting releases from hive

Folks,

We would want to start cutting releases for hive some time as we are no longer tied to the hadoop releases anymore. I wanted to start some discussion on this to determine what would be good release criteria. Basically:

1. What current box we must have fixed before we cut a release
2. What current features should go into the release

And any other thoughts you may have...

Ashish

Re: Cutting releases from hive

Posted by Dhruba Borthakur <dh...@gmail.com>.
If we are talkng about official hive releases, then I think it has to be +1
by the Hadoop PMC.

-dhruba

Posted by Joydeep Sen Sarma <js...@facebook.com>.

Posted by Ashish Thusoo <at...@facebook.com>.