Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Zo...@aol.com on 2007/03/18 00:11:51 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2.2.4 and Vista

Hello Everyone,

           I recently  upgraded to Windows Vista from Win XP. Apache server
2.2.4 with mod_jk/1.2.20  was working fine. Then after the upgrade, I could not
open the Apache monitor.

I uninstalled and reinstalled ver 2.2.4, and during installation, I  get the
error msg: Cannot open WinNT services.

Really appreciate if anyone can help.

Sincerely,

Jimmy

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.4 and Vista

Posted by MJ & Bob Ampula <am...@hughes.net>.
Had the same problem.  Apparently, the folder/file containing WinNT services was removed in Vista, since it is a total rewrite and does not use NT code.  Have not heard of a solution to the problem.  This may have to be reported as a "bug" in the Apache load program.

Let me now if you find out anything more.  Tks.