Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/07 05:13:41 UTC

Merging repositories

I find that I need to "merge" repositories quite often.  Someone
delivers a bunch of artifacts in Maven repo format, and I want to copy
them into an existing repository, updating the metadata as needed, and
*not* overwriting any duplicates that are already in my repo.
(Released artifacts shouldn't change.)

Would this be a good feature for Archiva?

Or would it just be better to write a script that checks to see if the
file is already present before copying, and let Archiva fix the
metadata later when it scans/updates?

--
Wendy

Re: Merging repositories

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
I opened http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-980 (Ability to merge
repositories) for this.

Take a look and vote/comment if you have additional thoughts... and of
course, patches welcome. :)

--
Wendy

RE: Merging repositories

Posted by EJ Ciramella <ec...@upromise.com>.
I agree - we used to have this singular repository we'd call "bertha" it
was a catch all - so some snapshots are in there.

I tried splitting some things out and then merging it with a new (more
appropriately named) "internal" repository (with internal-snapshot and
third-party repositories) and had little luck.

currently i deploy my staging to Archiva and use stage plugin to do the
merge. It would be wonderful to see Archiva do this task in one click
:-)

-D

Re: Merging repositories

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.