Posted to user@commons.apache.org by le...@email.arizona.edu on 2008/02/05 18:02:45 UTC

Re: [Betwixt] Unable to get XML into Collection - always empty

I think I figured out my issues.

It appears to be my collection type-naming.  I had xml elements to
represent the
collection as:

<othernames>
   <othername>
   </othername>
</othernames

My Java Beans for the element was XTOtherName.  It seems that the PascalCasing
of the classname threw off the plural/singular resolution for the
adder-functions.  When I changed it to XTOthername and the corresponding
methods (addOthername() & getOthernames() - instead of addOtherName() &
getOtherNames()) to not have the uppercase 'N' the adder-functions were
resolved and the collection was no longer empty.

No one responding about the issue - I just thought I'd follow-up with what I
think fixed my issue so if anyones search the mailing-archive they won't flail
around looking for a solution to this like I did.

Andy