Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Sharam Fouladgar-Mercer <Sh...@appiancorp.com> on 2004/12/05 17:34:37 UTC

RE: Apache WSS4J's WS Security Implementation - WSS Licensing Requirements?

Tony,

You make a VERY interesting point; I had not heard of this before. It would probably behoove the list's readers, I know it would for me, if anyone can state for sure whether you would have to apply for a license from MS, Verisign, and IBM...it seems this would be a headache for any company that wants to go with WS-Security? As Dims pointed out that WSS4J has not signed anything, are users of the software implementing WS-Security illegally?

Anyone have any thoughts, ideas?

Thanks,
Sharam

________________________________

Posted by Jongjin Choi <gu...@hotmail.com>.
What about SAML?
I heard that SAML also requires license from RSA.

look
http://www.rsasecurity.com/solutions/standards/saml/
or
http://www.rsasecurity.com/node.asp?id=2530

AFAIK, WSS4J uses opensaml.jar.

Dose anybody know that the opensaml guys resolve the license problem?

Thanks.
/Jongjin

=====

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Apache WSS4J's WS Security Implementation - WSS Licensing Requirements?

=====

http://mail.yahoo.com