Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Svein Erik Løken <sv...@jacilla.no> on 2015/03/02 11:58:49 UTC

Live Class Reloading of Autoloading Modules

How can I get an auto loaded module live reloaded?

Confiuration:

                <configuration>
                    <archive>
                        <manifestEntries>

<Tapestry-Module-Classes>com.company.core.services.Tjac3CommonModule</Tapestry-Module-Classes>
                        </manifestEntries>
                    </archive>
                </configuration>

    @Contribute(ComponentClassResolver.class)
    public static void
contributeCoreLibComponentClasses(Configuration<LibraryMapping>
configuration) {
        configuration.add(new LibraryMapping("companycore",
"com.company.core"));
    }

I added a symbolic directory link in the tapestry.app-package:

src\main\java\com\company>mklink /d core
..\..\..\..\..\..\..\tjac-common\tjac-core\src\main\java\com\company\core

Now it works, but in IntelliJ all classes in the core module duplicated.

I have been searching for a way to contribute the core library to be live
class reloaded.

Is it possible?

Re: Live Class Reloading of Autoloading Modules

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 07:58:49 -0300, Svein Erik Løken <sv...@jacilla.no>
wrote:

> How can I get an auto loaded module live reloaded?

Tapestry live reloads page, component, mixin and base (classes in the base
package) classes, plus services defined using an interface, but not module
classes themselves. They're loaded and read just once.

> I have been searching for a way to contribute the core library to be live
> class reloaded.

If you're actually talking about live class reloading your pages,
components and mixins inside your library, your projects' (both the webapp
one plus the library one) should be open and their settings should be
properly configured in the IDE, so, when you change a source file, it get
immediately compiled to a source folder in the webapp classpath.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://machina.com.br