Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/05 23:41:46 UTC

[NOTICE] Intent on moving to Github

The Apache Cordova Project Management Committee (PMC) has consensus that we
should move primary development of Apache Cordova to Github, from Apache's
servers (role would be reversed, Apache would then be the mirror now).

We are already processing pull requests through Github, although without
write access we couldn't label, or close PRs directly. Enabling of Issues
in Github (to replace JIRA) would be a separate matter, and would likely be
on a per-repo basis.

Moving is achieved by invitation to the Apache Gitbox project:
https://gitbox.apache.org/ (don't get excited if you can log in and link,
your repo needs to be whitelisted)

We would have to file INFRA issues in JIRA to get approval for the move.

We are suggesting a multi-part migration:

1. Top platforms (ios, android, windows, browser)
2. Tools (lib, cli, coho, fetch, common etc) --> we might need a lib
breakout first, this is ongoing work
3. All plugins

The rest would be on a "as needed" basis.

Comments, if any?

Re: [NOTICE] Intent on moving to Github

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
I created this Discuss document regarding which platforms/plugins are
moving:
https://github.com/cordova/cordova-discuss/blob/master/proposals/GithubMove.md

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Carlos.