Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bikash Paul <bi...@yahoo.com> on 2003/04/18 10:38:43 UTC

Tomcat4.1.24 as a NT Service not working??

Hi all friends,

I have installed Tomcat4.1.24 as a NT service on my
WinNT4.0 computer sucessfully.And it is running
perfectly I have tested it on IE by typing in address
bar(http://127.0.0.1:8080),it is showing me the home
page of Tomcat server.Iam using tomcat in my uploading
software for that Iam using servlet and swing
interface.Iam facing problem when iam trying to upload
file from my computer to other computer which in on
network, it is giving me Error(java.io.IOException:
Server returned HTTP response code:500).But when I run
tomcat not as NT service as a stand alone then my
application working fine.Can any one plz guide me how
i can slove my problem.Is there any configuration
require in Tomcat4.1.24 for running perfectly as a NT
service?

Regards
Bikash

RE: Tomcat4.1.24 as a NT Service not working??

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.

It's a NT local account that will be used to start the TC service. Since
you didn't mentioned what is your NT flavor, I've assumed it's a post
4.0. Entire subject is non-TC related, rather NT admin one, so if you
need further assistance try to search on some NT admin group.

MT.

RE: Tomcat4.1.24 as a NT Service not working??

Posted by Bikash Paul <bi...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

First of all thanks for ur reply.But I couldn't
understand how i can create Tomcat local account as
per ur mentioned Policy assignments:
1. 'Act as part of operating system',
2. 'Logon as service',
3. 'Replace a process level token'

Can u plz explain it little more about above metioned
Policy assignments(means what are the steps include in
that) or give me some help link so that I can take
guide from there.Eagerly waiting for ur reply.

Thanks & Regards
Bikash

Posted by Bikash Paul <bi...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,