Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Alexis Midon <al...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/14 18:15:42 UTC

How to customize the Snapshot pattern?

Hi all,

Here is my problem: I would like to customize the Snapshot pattern.

The reason is that my maven project is a small part of a bigger project. The
global continious build generates a build-id I want to use as the snapshot
identifier.
So that my artifacts and all others "external" components are tagged in the
same way.

I ckecked the maven code but didn't find anything interesting. Snapshot is
not an interface, so custom implementations cannot be provided :(
Moreover using a timestamp instead of a specific class/interface is a real
constraint because custom Comparator couldn't be implemented to compare
snapshots.

I tried to use the <finalName> tag by appending my build-id, but
unfortunately the final name is not exported to repositories.

So it seems I had reached an impasse, except if one of you has a great
idea!!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Alexis

Re: How to customize the Snapshot pattern?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
1. Your original email was sent to both users@ and dev@. Send emails
to one mail list or the other, but not both at the same time.

Maven Developers are subscribed to both lists and will see your
message (and respond, if they are so inclined) on users@ just as
readily as they will on dev@.

Wayne

Posted by Alexis Midon <al...@gmail.com>.