Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com> on 2004/06/24 18:46:41 UTC

workflow and editing

There is another problem re workflow and editing, namely that
the HTML editor is hardcoding the workfow event id within the
usecase.xmap sitemap

                <map:act type="workflow">
                  <map:parameter name="area" value="{page-envelope:area}"/>
                  <map:parameter name="document-id"
value="{page-envelope:document-id}"/>
                  <map:parameter name="language"
value="{page-envelope:document-language}"/>
                  <map:parameter name="event" value="edit"/>
                </map:act>

so I think there are two things we should do:

1) Ask if a workflow event actually exists
2) Do not hardcord the workflow event id

Thanks

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: workflow and editing

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Michael Wechner wrote:

[...]
> can I get the workflow event id through the page envelope?

no

> Or do I need to
> pass the event as hidden parameter through the "screens"?

yes

This isn't nice, I know. Things will hopefully become more
convenient with a flow-based usecase framework (which requires
more experience & research IMHO).

-- Andreas

Re: workflow and editing

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

>> 1) Ask if a workflow event actually exists
>

> +1
>
>> 2) Do not hardcord the workflow event id
>

> +1

can I get the workflow event id through the page envelope? Or do I need to
pass the event as hidden parameter through the "screens"?

Thanks

Michi

> -- Andreas

Michael Wechner