Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Steven Bower <sm...@alcyon.net> on 2013/05/22 20:31:00 UTC

Numeric Multi-Valued Doc Values

What is the proper way to convert the value coming from SortedSetDocValues
for a numeric field (Int/Long/Float/Double) to their actual numeric
values... Basically I can get the ByteRef filled in with lookupOrd(...) but
what is the proper way to take the contents of the BytesRef and get the
int/long/etc.. value back from it?

thanks,

steve

Re: Numeric Multi-Valued Doc Values

Posted by "David Smiley (@MITRE.org)" <DS...@mitre.org>.
That's a schema issue.  Lucene doesn't really have one so there isn't a
definitive answer there.  For Solr, this ideally should be cleaner but it
isn't, last I checked a month ago.  You could poke around the TrieField code
but in the end you will probably end up making assumptions on your code
being consistent with what TrieField is doing :-/  Perhaps we need a new
JIRA issue to add an indexedToObject(BytesRef):Object method to FieldType.
The default impl could call indexedToReadable() and return a String.

~ David

Steven Bower wrote

-----
 Author: http://www.packtpub.com/apache-solr-3-enterprise-search-server/book