Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jay Potharaju <js...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/15 00:19:40 UTC

Adding replica on solr - 5.50

Hi,
I am using solr 5.5 and testing adding a new replica when a solr instance
comes up. When I run the following command I get an error. I have 1 replica
and trying to add another replica.

http://x.x.x.x:8984/solr/admin/collections?action=ADDREPLICA&collection=test2&shard=shard1&node=x.x.x.x:9001_solr

Error:
> <str name="Operation addreplica caused
> exception:">org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:
> At least one of the node(s) specified are not currently active, no action
> taken.</str>
> <lst name="exception">
> <str name="msg">At least one of the node(s) specified are not currently
> active, no action taken.</str>
> <int name="rspCode">400</int>
> </lst>
> <lst name="error">
> <lst name="metadata">
> <str name="error-class">org.apache.solr.common.SolrException</str>
> <str name="root-error-class">org.apache.solr.common.SolrException</str>
> </lst>
> <str name="msg">At least one of the node(s) specified are not currently
> active, no action taken.</str>
> <int name="code">400</int>
> </lst>
> </response>

But when i create a new collection with 2 replicas it works fine.
As a side note my clusterstate.json is not updating correctly. Not sure if
that is causing an issue.

 Any suggestions why the Addreplica command is not working. And is it
related to the clusterstate.json? If yes, how can i fix it?

--
Thanks
Jay

Re: Adding replica on solr - 5.50

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Post your clusterstate.json file?

You shouldn't even have a clusterstate.json file with anything in it.
In the 5x code line the state of each collection is kept under
the relevant collections z-noed in "state.json".

Confusingly, though, the clusterstate.json node still exists
but is empty...

Best,
Erick

Posted by Jay Potharaju <js...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jay Potharaju <js...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the help John.

Posted by Jay Potharaju <js...@gmail.com>.
I have multiple solr instances running in my dev sandbox. When adding a
replica i was passing the host IP instead of 127.0.1.1 which is recorded in
the live nodes section.
Thanks Eric for pointing that out.

Working URL:
http://x.x.x.x:9000/solr/admin/collections?action=ADDREPLICA&collection=test4&shard=shard2&node=127.0.1.1:9000_solr

Thanks

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 10:19 AM, John Bickerstaff <john@johnbickerstaff.com

--
Thanks
Jay Potharaju

Re: Adding replica on solr - 5.50

Posted by John Bickerstaff <jo...@johnbickerstaff.com>.

Posted by John Bickerstaff <jo...@johnbickerstaff.com>.
Oh, and what, if any directories need to exist for the ADDREPLICA

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 11:09 AM, John Bickerstaff <john@johnbickerstaff.com

Posted by John Bickerstaff <jo...@johnbickerstaff.com>.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jaroslaw Rozanski <so...@jarekrozanski.com>.
Hi,

Posted by John Bickerstaff <jo...@johnbickerstaff.com>.

Posted by John Bickerstaff <jo...@johnbickerstaff.com>.

Posted by John Bickerstaff <jo...@johnbickerstaff.com>.
Thanks Eric!

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by John Bickerstaff <jo...@johnbickerstaff.com>.
Sure - couldn't agree more.

Posted by Jeff Wartes <jw...@whitepages.com>.

Posted by John Bickerstaff <jo...@johnbickerstaff.com>.
5.4

Posted by Jay Potharaju <js...@gmail.com>.
Thanks John, which version of solr are you using?

--
Thanks
Jay Potharaju

Re: Adding replica on solr - 5.50