Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Marco Scoffier <ma...@metm.org> on 2005/06/14 13:02:35 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: still content negotiation problems

Hey Joshua,

Thanks for your response.
Just replying to snips 'cause I figured it out.

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 21:50:53 -0400, Joshua Slive wrote:

> Ouch. OpenBSD doesn't have mod_mime by default?  That's crazy.

In fact OpenBSD does have mod_mime and mod_negotiation compiled in, I've
gotten so used to them ripping out things for security reasons, that
somewhere along in my trying to get this to work I came to this false
conclusion. I had forgotten about httpd -l .   Takes writing out the email
to find the problem... :)

It seems my extra LoadModule lines had been messing things up.  I removed
them and things work as expected.

I've even added a some UTF-8 auto-negotiation
and Japanese pages with
 AddCharset UTF-8 .ja
 AddCharset UTF-8 .fr

Nice !

> One thing missing from your config is a test.html.en.  This is necessary
> so that someone requesting "en,fr;q=0.5" will get the english page.  But
> the fact that that is missing doesn't explain why request test.html
> doesn't get you something.  That is a little curious.

Thanks for the tip. I've symlinked page.html.html to page.html.en

Server is negotiating happily, and it's still too hot in NYC.

Marco