Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jalene Joyner <Ja...@mail.state.ar.us> on 2002/12/10 23:36:31 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] Apache setup round 2

Is there a file that I can manually edit to make this thing work.  I am
trying to do this through webmin and I am driving myself crazy.  I have
not run or set up Apache before.

My ultimate goal is to set up say 4 different website on this server.  I
am assuming that I need to set up the virtual servers to accomplish
this???

Posted by JDeSalle <jd...@earthlink.net>.
Jalene,

Lose the webmin and do it from an xterm or whatever teminal setup you use.

Yes the file you want to edit is "httpd.conf" in your command line the
path is /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
I am assuming you know vi or pico editors? if not I can walk you through
it .

jd