Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Eric Chow <er...@yahoo.com> on 2002/02/20 06:07:46 UTC

Permission not work in 1.3a2

Hi,

When I disabled the "customize" and "personalize" for
some specific users in admin role, those users still
can customize their page. Or I disable the "customize"
permission in the "Security Role Browser" for the role
of "user", it still not work.

Platform: JetSpeed 1.3a2 with (Tomcat4.0.2 + JDK1.4)
in Win98

Best regards,
Eric

=====

RE: Permission not work in 1.3a2

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
> Something like
>
> <security role="user, guest"/>#
>
> or
>
> <security role="user"/>
> <security role="guest"/>

That isn't supported, but it needs to be.
Im going to need that functionality and will put it in eventually,
unless you get to it before me

Re: Permission not work in 1.3a2

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Eric,
The user will need the following permissions: view, minimize, and maximize

See the following thread for more information on how security currently
works.
http://www.mail-archive.com/jetspeed-user%40jakarta.apache.org/msg01868.html

We are working on enhancing the current implementation.  Suggestions and
comments are welcome.

Paul Spencer

Posted by Eric Chow <er...@yahoo.com>.

=====