Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "M.Makar Azer" <m2...@yahoo.com> on 2004/09/16 20:36:50 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2 installation

hi,

I am getting the following error when trying to install Apache 2 on linux Fedora:

here is the options that i enable
./configure --enable-so --enable-cgi --enable-info --enable-rewrite --enable-spelling --enable-usertrack --enable-deflate --enable-ssl

Checking whether to enable mod_deflate..... Configure: error: mod_deflate has been requested but can not be built due to prerequistie failures..

then when i try to run ' make' i get the following error
make:  no targets specified and no makefile found.   Stop

I am new to linux and i am afraid that it might be a dump question but please spare a couple of minutes to assist me.

thank you very much in advance.