Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro> on 2013/01/10 04:35:28 UTC

Re: best supported hypervisor + SDN

On 10.01.2013 00:34, Nux! wrote:
> Hello,
>
> No flame intended, what's the best supported hypervisor for use with
> current Cloudstack?

In addition, I see 4.0 already supports SDN (gre tunnels through ovs i
imagine); is this available for all hypervisors/platforms?

Nux!
www.nux.ro

RE: best supported hypervisor + SDN

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
On 11.01.2013 07:38, Hugo Trippaers wrote:
> Heya,
>
> The Nicira solution is pretty well tested with the XenServer
> hypervisors. We are using it on our production platforms for some
> time
> now and I know of several other people using it as well.
>
> The 4.0.0 release contains most of the basic features to create
> networks using the Nicira SDN solution. The upcoming 4.1 release will
> have additional features (L3 routing) and ui components for
> configuration. I'm planning on having the support for KVM also in
> release 4.1, most of the work is already done, what remains is mainly
> testing.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Hugo

Thanks, Hugo, looking forward to 4.1 then.

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro

RE: best supported hypervisor + SDN

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
On 11.01.2013 07:38, Hugo Trippaers wrote:
> Heya,
>
> The Nicira solution is pretty well tested with the XenServer

Do you know if it works with XCP, too?

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro

RE: best supported hypervisor + SDN

Posted by Hugo Trippaers <HT...@schubergphilis.com>.
Heya,

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.

Posted by Alex Huang <Al...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Mathias Mullins <ma...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Alex Huang <Al...@citrix.com>.

Isn't the Borg Collective already cloud based?

--Alex