Posted to wsif-dev@ws.apache.org by "Peter G. Lane" <la...@mcs.anl.gov> on 2003/02/06 17:08:27 UTC

Re: about WSIF

Hi Alek,

I missed that there were seperate email lists for wsif now--great!  I've
subscribed and will certainly start being active there.

I've been talking to Anthony Elder after I subitted bug 16380 to
bugzilla.  He came up with a patch for me, but there still seem to be
problems with interoperability between wsif and OGSA services.  The
following are two messages that are being sent to a sample counter
service.  The first is from our framework, and the other is from WSIF.
The WSIF-generated message causes a NullPointerException in Axis:

[java] 841889 [Thread-4] INFO
org.globus.ogsa.handlers.MessageLoggingHandler  - SOAPEnvelope:
<soapenv:Envelope
[java]  <soapenv:Body>
[java]   <add
xmlns="http://samples.ogsa.globus.org/counter/counter_port_type">
[java]    <value xsi:type="xsd:int" xmlns="">42</value>
[java]   </add>
[java]  </soapenv:Body>
[java] </soapenv:Envelope>

[java] 880737 [Thread-5] INFO
org.globus.ogsa.handlers.MessageLoggingHandler  - SOAPEnvelope:
<soapenv:Envelope
[java]  <soapenv:Body>
[java]   <add xsi:type="xsd:int"
xmlns="http://samples.ogsa.globus.org/counter">42</add>
[java]  </soapenv:Body>
[java] </soapenv:Envelope>

I don't claim to be anything close to a soap expert, so what may be
going on here is a bit out of my realm of knowledge.  Some observations,
though, are 1) there's a missing <value> tag set, and 2) the port type
namespace is getting chopped for some reason.  Anyway, that's the basic
scoop.

Peter

Re: about WSIF

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@hursley.ibm.com>.