Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org> on 2004/04/01 08:04:35 UTC

[Announce] CyberNeko Tools for XNI 2004.03.31 Available

Time for another installment of the CyberNeko Tools for XNI!

Recently, the ObjectFactory utility class from Xerces was
removed from the util package and placed as a non-public
class in each package that needed that functionality. Since
a number of my tools relied on that class, they all broke,
at least when using the latest Xerces2 release.

And since I had a number of NekoHTML fixes ready for another
release, I figured now was a good time. And I didn't want to
release tomorrow for fear of people not taking it seriously...

Anyway, this release updates the HTML parser, the DTD converter,
the Pull Parser, and the Relax NG validator. In addition, a
number of fixes for NekoHTML parser bugs are included. You can
download the new release from my Apache website:

   http://www.apache.org/~andyc/neko/doc/index.html

Enjoy!

P.S. I was going to send this out earlier today but delayed
because I added a new tool to the NekoHTML Software page (in
Japanese) and discovered that it wasn't being displayed
correctly when browsed from the Apache server. It turns out
that the Apache sends a default charset set to ISO-8859-1
which overrides the <meta http-equiv...> tag in the document.

Since the problem is not mine, I am announcing the new
release now and will work on fixing the server afterwards.

--
Andy Clark * andyc@apache.org