Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Pierre De Rop <pi...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/15 09:10:19 UTC

Upcoming Dependency Manager Lambda (R7)

Dear Felix users;

Just to tell that I'm about to release a new Dependency Manager R7 version.
This version will be special because it will include a new Dependency
Manager Lambda API, based on java 8 and on top of the existing DM API.

So starting from the R7 version, DM will now require the usage of a java 8
runtime, and java 7 won't be supported anymore (java 7 is in end of life).

In this release, there will be also some bug fixes, which are described in
[1]. So, if someone would like to see these fixes in a Java 7 compatible DM
(except the new dm-lambda library), then please let me know soon, and I
will then release R7 still using java 7, and will then make a new R8
release that will include the new dm-lambda library.
Else, the next R7 version will include everything but will break
compatibility with java 7.

Thanks !

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12334240&styleName=Html&projectId=12310100&Create=Create&atl_token=A5KQ-2QAV-T4JA-FDED|aba2f1aed62c7b3d7a61090d8d5fcdc5c995eea3|lin