Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Chris Cather <cc...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/28 17:56:09 UTC

Possible startup script contribution

Hi!

I just spent a little bit of time arguing with systemd on CentOS 7 to pull
together a startup script for nifi 0.1.0.  During the time I was arguing
with it, I had searched to see if there had been a script contributed, but
did not.  I'm sure it could use some polish as I'm a sysadmin and not a
developer, but it is a good starting point (and it works!  whew!)

May I provide this script to someone for vetting and possible inclusion
with the distribution?  (I'm a bull in the china shop with git and can not
be trusted :P)

Thanks!
Chris.

Re: Possible startup script contribution

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Chris,

Great news is you're not in a china shop in this community.  It is a
wide open field with lots of places where folks want to be helpful.

This sounds very helpful.  A good place to put your script is to
create a JIRA ticket here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI

You can upload your script with a description of what it does and then
someone can help work it with you and bring it in as appropriate.

Thanks for contributing!

Joe