Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Chris Huisman <ch...@chenomx.com> on 2003/06/12 21:36:55 UTC

problems with log4j & logging taglib

</taglib>

and the context for my app in servlet.xml
<Context path="/myapp"
         reloadable="true"
         docBase="/home/chuisman/workspace/myapp"
         workDir="/home/chuisman/workspace/myapp/work/org/apache/jsp" />

and my log4j.properties file:

log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, A1
log4j.appender.A1=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.A1.file=../logs/myapp.log

# Print the date in ISO 8601 format
log4j.appender.A1.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%t] %-5p %c - %m%n

# Print only messages of level WARN or above in the package com.foo.
log4j.logger.org.apache=WARN

I put the log4j.properties file in the /WEB-INF/classes directory.

Also, the file does not get created unless i use a servlet to initialize the
logger.  If i don't use this, no file is created.  How do I get the file to
be created without using a servlet to initialize it?

c.

RE: problems with log4j & logging taglib

Posted by Chris Huisman <ch...@chenomx.com>.
Sorry,

A portion of my message was cut off (cut and paste problem).  Here is what i
had intended:

Hello,

I am having trouble getting my jsps to use the log taglib, using Tomcat
4.1.24, under linux with the latest log4j and logging taglib.

I can initialize and use log4j from a servlet, but when i attempt to use
them in jsps using the taglib, nothing is written out.  My docbase for my
app is not under $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/Myapp, instead it is under a network
dir.

It does, however, log when i try the example log application.

this is the taglib descriptor in my web.xml file
<taglib>
      <taglib-uri>http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/log-1.0</taglib-uri>
      <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/taglibs-log.tld</taglib-location>

thanks again,
c.