Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Yatong Zhang <bl...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/04 04:17:10 UTC

OpenJDK vs OracleJDK, which is preferred when running hadoop cluster?

Hi there,
When I use cassandra and I was told OracleJDK is preferred because it was
more stable. So is this also a recommendation for Hadoop?

Re: OpenJDK vs OracleJDK, which is preferred when running hadoop cluster?

Posted by daemeon reiydelle <da...@gmail.com>.
Formally OpenJDK is not supported as of a recent posting, and I have had
incompatibility issues myself. This is a work in progress so YMMV.

*.......*

*“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in apretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside
in a cloud of smoke,thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” - Hunter ThompsonDaemeon C.M. ReiydelleUSA
(+1) 415.501.0198London (+44) (0) 20 8144 9872*

Posted by daemeon reiydelle <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by daemeon reiydelle <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by daemeon reiydelle <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.