Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@apache.org> on 2008/03/04 16:27:45 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Directory Studio 1.1.0 RC2 released

The Apache Directory Team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Directory Studio 1.1.0 RC2, the second release candidate for the version
1.1.0 of its Eclipse based LDAP Browser and Directory client.

You can download Apache Directory Studio 1.1.0 RC2 as a standalone RCP
application for Mac OS X, Linux and Windows here:
    http://directory.apache.org/studio/downloads.html

You can also install it directly in Eclipse using this update site:
    http://directory.apache.org/studio/update/1.x/

Developed as a sub-project of the Directory Top Level Project, Apache
Directory Studio is an Eclipse RCP application that takes full advantage of
the benefits inherent in the Eclipse platform. Composed of several Eclipse
(OSGi) plugins, Apache Directory Studio can be easily upgraded with
additional plugins. Apache Directory Studio plugins can even run within a
full installation of Eclipse itself.

Apache Directory Studio contains 5 major features:
* an LDAP Browser Plugin
* an LDIF Editor Plugin
* an ACI Editor Plugin for Apache Directory Server
* a Schema Editor Plugin
* an Apache DS Configuration Plugin

For more information about Apache Directory Studio, see our website:
    http://directory.apache.org/studio

Below are the JIRA issues that were resolved since the release of Apache
Directory Studio 1.1.0 RC:
Bug
    * [DIRSTUDIO-286] - Update Site is not working, missing dependencies in
ldifeditor, ldapbrower and schemaeditor feature
    * [DIRSTUDIO-285] - Export into LDIF format could be corrupted
    * [DIRSTUDIO-284] - Changing "Supported Authentication Mechanism"
doesn't set the dirty flag.
    * [DIRSTUDIO-281] - LDIF and Apache DS configuration files can't be
saved in RCP mode
    * [DIRSTUDIO-279] - Filter Editor doesn't remove spaces and line breaks
after OK
    * [DIRSTUDIO-270] - Copy and paste does not work when value being edited

Task
    * [DIRSTUDIO-280] - Remove remaining unwanted contributions from Eclipse

The Apache Directory Team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Directory Studio 1.1.0 RC2 released

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Thanks Ludovic for the heads up.

I had replaced 1.1.0_RC by 1.1.0_RC2 in the links of the downloads page but
not the end of the package which now contains the date of the build.

Sorry about that. It's fixed now.

Thanks again,
Pierre-Arnaud

Posted by Ludovic Poitou <lu...@gmail.com>.