Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com> on 2003/01/22 17:38:26 UTC

Re[2]: tomcatAuthentication="false" and getRemoteUser returning null in recent versions of Tomcat

Thanks Ignacio,

Works perfectly in Tomcat-4.1.19....even with mod_jk, although it is a little confusing
to have the config relating to mod_jk in jk2.properties but, oh well,
It works :-)

BTW, I used
request.tomcatAuthentication=false
not
request.tomcatAuthentication=true

Just wanted to clarify for the benefit of those who are trying to take
the authentication from Apache for getRemoteUser().

thanks again!

Jake