Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Kedar Panse <ke...@bancbridge.com> on 2004/05/20 22:49:11 UTC

[HttpClient] Re: Unexpected response

I think you are talking about HttpClient

Yes I am also getting same thing in the logs.  Does anybody know about this?

Kedar

Re: [HttpClient] Re: Unexpected response

Posted by Stephane James Vaucher <va...@cirano.qc.ca>.
Add a proxy to tell you what is being transfered. I've seen 100 codes
before, it's part of a more complex interaction, and I don't know if
HttpClient supports this (as I've never used it).

You might be able to force the use of HTTP/1.0, as the spec says
from: http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html

Since HTTP/1.0 did not define any 1xx status codes, servers MUST NOT send
a 1xx response to an HTTP/1.0 client except under experimental conditions.

HTH,
sv
FYI: http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec8.html#sec8.2.3
Requirements for HTTP/1.1 clients:

  - If a client will wait for a 100 (Continue) response before
    sending the request body, it MUST send an Expect request-header
    field (section 14.20) with the "100-continue" expectation.

  - A client MUST NOT send an Expect request-header field (section
    14.20) with the "100-continue" expectation if it does not intend
    to send a request body.