Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Preethi Natarajan <pr...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/19 20:13:26 UTC

Failure to create deb packages

Hello,

I am having trouble creating deb packages with the latest checkout of the
master.

Cloned from https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/cloudstack.git.

"mvn clean install ­P systemvm,developer" was successful.

"mvn ­P deps"  resulted in a bunch of INFO and test messages and threw the
below warning towards the end failing to create the .deb packages in the
parent directory.

"[WARNING] The requested profile "deps" could not be activated because it
does not exist.'

Has anyone seen this? I can provide more logs if necessary.

Many thanks,
Preethi

Re: Failure to create deb packages

Posted by Preethi Natarajan <pr...@gmail.com>.
Phong, Prasanna,

Thanks for the response.

I'll pull from jenkins and give it a try,

Preethi

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.

Posted by Phong Nguyen <pn...@gilt.com>.
Hi Preethi,

Posted by Preethi Natarajan <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Prasanna,

Posted by prasanna <ts...@apache.org>.

Posted by Preethi Natarajan <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Joe,

Thanks for the pointer.

The listed dependencies have been installed.

W.r.t to tomcat6 -- I came across this link that suggests "Tomcat 6.0.33
since 6.0.35 has some issues with Cloudstack"
(http://cloudstack.apache.org/develop/environment.html#maven). As per
instructions here, I've untarred and set CATALINA_HOME and CATALINA_BASE.
Should I be doing anything else so that dpkg-buildpackage recognizes this
tomcat6 install?

Regards,
Preethi

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.

Posted by Preethi Natarajan <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Joe,

Thanks for getting back.

dpkg-buildpackage complained about unmet build dependencies for tomcat6.

I don't understand since CATALINA_HOME and CATALINA_BASE are set to the
install locations of tomcat-6.0.33 (in my HOME). Any ideas what may be
happening? Many thanks.

dpkg-buildpackage: export CFLAGS from dpkg-buildflags (origin: vendor): -g
-O2 -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Wformat-security
dpkg-buildpackage: export CPPFLAGS from dpkg-buildflags (origin: vendor):
-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
dpkg-buildpackage: export CXXFLAGS from dpkg-buildflags (origin: vendor):
-g -O2 -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat
-Wformat-security
dpkg-buildpackage: export FFLAGS from dpkg-buildflags (origin: vendor): -g
-O2
dpkg-buildpackage: export LDFLAGS from dpkg-buildflags (origin: vendor):
-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro
dpkg-buildpackage: source package cloudstack
dpkg-buildpackage: source version 4.2.0-incubating-0.0.snapshot
dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture amd64
 dpkg-source --before-build cloudstack
dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies: tomcat6
dpkg-buildpackage: warning: Build dependencies/conflicts unsatisfied;
aborting.
dpkg-buildpackage: warning: (Use -d flag to override.)

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.