Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Doug Whitfield <dw...@perforce.com> on 2022/02/04 20:51:36 UTC

What versions are supported by community?

I have found the Confluent EOL schedule, but I have not been able to find the EOL schedule for Apache Kafka. Does such a policy exist?

Best Regards,
--

Doug Whitfield | Enterprise Architect, OpenLogic

This e-mail may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and any attachments and notify us immediately.

Re: What versions are supported by community?

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

There's a wiki page regarding Kafka's release policy:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Time+Based+Release+Plan

And regarding the EOL: "Given 3 releases a year and the fact that no one
upgrades three times a year, we propose making sure (by testing!) that
rolling upgrade can be done from each release in the past year (i.e. last 3
releases) to the latest version. We will also attempt, as a community to do
bugfix releases as needed for the last 3 releases."

This is not exactly what you meant by "supported by the community", but in
general we only try to release bug fixes for the last 3 releases, hope this
can help with your planning.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang

Re: What versions are supported by community?

Posted by Israel Ekpo <is...@gmail.com>.
To my knowledge, such policy/practice does not exist for the Apache Kafka
project.

From time to time certain environments and tool support like Java and Scala