Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Andrus Moor <ee...@online.ee> on 2003/11/30 23:44:30 UTC

[users@httpd] Setting .CHM file content type

I want to open a chm help file in browser in Windows.
To open chm help file, my CGI application sends a

Location: myhelp.chm

HTTP response through Apache 2 running in Windows

This causes IE 6 to open help file.
Unfortunately, this causes FireBird 0.7 to display  contents of chm file in
plain text format instead of opening it with HH.EXE

To allow firebird to open this file, I added a line

AddType application/chm .chm

to a httpd.conf file.

However, this dows not help.
How to force FireBird to open a CHM file ?