Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Schuweiler, Joel J." <Sc...@mayo.edu> on 2005/06/29 17:07:22 UTC

FileAppender, RollingFileAppender, DailyRollingFileAppender

I am using a DailyRollingFileAppender but I would like to limit the size of the file and have it roll it if it reaches X size. I would also like to limit how many files it keeps around.

RollingFileAppender seems to have an option MaxBackupIndex, does this work for DailyRollingFileAppender?
RollingFileAppender seems to have an option MaxFileSize, does this work for DailyRollingFileAppender?

DailyRollingFileAppender extends FileAppender so I'm guessing no on both counts.

Joel Schuweiler
Middleware
Schuweiler.Joel@mayo.edu
Tel: 8-7900