Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Luca Morandini <lu...@tin.it> on 2005/05/13 10:47:11 UTC

Endless loop in CForms when there's no submit widget: bug ?

Folks,

I've made a form without a submit widget, which resulted (after a while)
in a StackOverflowError... apparently the flow engine keep
auto-submitting the form over and over: is this a bug or is accepted
behaviour ?

Regards,

--------------------
    Luca Morandini
www.lucamorandini.it
--------------------

Re: Endless loop in CForms when there's no submit widget: bug ?

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Luca Morandini wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> Hmm... strange. A number of form samples have no explicit submit
>> widget and (seem to) work correctly.
>

> Ahem... ashamed to say my flowscript auto-loaded itself (I was
> cutting&pasting way too fast to notice), resulting in a really weird
> behaviour: by chance it worked when I added the submit widget and I
> jumped to the wrong conclusion :(
>
> Funny to notice sometimes it worked though :|
>
> So, if you want see something really weird, try writing a flowscript
> like this (name it "main.js"):
>
> cocoon.load("resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/javascript/Form.js");
>
> cocoon.load("flow/main.js"); // It loads itself !

Wow, very cool :-)

I'm wondering how this could even start working!

> function showMap () {
>     var frm;
>
>     frm= new Form("cocoon:/fd-themes-legend.xml");
>     frm.showForm("form-themes-legend.html");
>     cocoon.sendPage("/message.html", null);
> }
>
> Sorry for wasting your time, Sylvian :(

No problem!

Sylvain

Re: Endless loop in CForms when there's no submit widget: bug ?

Posted by Luca Morandini <lu...@tin.it>.

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.

Posted by Luca Morandini <lu...@tin.it>.
Luca Morandini wrote:

> I've made a form without a submit widget, which resulted (after a while)
> in a StackOverflowError... apparently the flow engine keep
> auto-submitting the form over and over: is this a bug or is accepted
> behaviour ?

Hmm... seems the problem is more complex than just the absence of a
submit widget, I should investigate the matter further.

BTW, I'm using Cocoon 2.1.7

Regards,

    Luca Morandini
www.lucamorandini.it