Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Brian Moseley <bc...@osafoundation.org> on 2005/07/26 02:03:03 UTC

multivalued resource types for webdav collections

o.a.j.webdav.property.ResourceType and its subclass
o.a.j.webdav.version.ResourceType both represent a single-valued property.

however, caldav requires the server to send multiple values for this
property for a calendar collection, ie:

   <DAV:resourcetype>
     <DAV:collection/>
     <CALDAV:calendar-home/>
   </DAV:resourcetype>

i know from a conversation with the webdav working group chair that the
property is meant to be multivalued. if you all are on board with that,
i can provide a patch for the above classes. alternately i can just
write my own alternate ResourceType classes.

obviously i'd prefer for jcr-server to support this out of the box, but
it's up to y'all. what's your preference?

Re: multivalued resource types for webdav collections

Posted by Brian Moseley <bc...@osafoundation.org>.
Angela Schreiber wrote:

> ok. fine.
> there is no need to create your own subclass. the
> webdav-module should work according to the rfc,
> which defines:
>
> <!ELEMENT resourcetype ANY >

i've attached a patch to JSR-180 that makes a start at addressing this
issue.

Re: multivalued resource types for webdav collections

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@day.com>.
hi brian

> i can provide a patch for the above classes.

ok. fine.
there is no need to create your own subclass. the
webdav-module should work according to the rfc,
which defines:

<!ELEMENT resourcetype ANY >

thanks & regards
angela