Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Remijan <Mi...@solocup.com> on 2002/08/23 16:10:15 UTC

JDBCRealm - difference between no user/password and SQLException

Hi all,

Using the JDBCReal, you specify in web.xml what page to goto if there is an error
<form-error-page>...</form-error-page>.  However, I believe that this page is used for both non fatal situations, like the the username/password doesn't exist, and for fatal situations, like if if the database is down.  Is there any way to tell the difference so that a relogin page can be displayed in one instance and a fatal error page in the other?

thanks,
<mike/>