Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/17 16:55:40 UTC

[VFS][LANG] Jira rights

I would like to assign the jiras for my PR’s to myself. And I pleased be
given contributor rights to LANG and VFS?
Thanks.

Re: [VFS][LANG] Jira rights

Posted by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
On Sat, 17 Feb 2018 13:09:40 -0500, Otto Fowler wrote:
> Thanks! Please assign VFS-614, VFS-398, LANG-1373 to me.
>
> I am familiar with the differences between a contributor or a
> committer
> both in the foundation and jira.
> I would like _contributor_ rights, not commit rights.

Given the info here:
   https://metron.apache.org/community/
you should have the latter, in principle; in practice, someone
with the necessary power (Gary?) should make it happen. :-)

Regards,
Gilles

Re: [VFS][LANG] Jira rights

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Feb 17, 2018 at 11:09 AM, Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks! Please assign VFS-614, VFS-398, LANG-1373 to me.
>
> I am familiar with the differences between a contributor or a committer
> both in the foundation and jira.
> I would like _contributor_ rights, not commit rights.

I do not see you  listed as a Jira user. Do you have a Jira ID?

Gary

Re: [VFS][LANG] Jira rights

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

On February 19, 2018 at 14:14:11, Gilles (gilles@harfang.homelinux.org)
wrote:

On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 20:48:34 -0600, Matt Sicker wrote:
> On 17 February 2018 at 12:09, Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I am familiar with the differences between a contributor or a
>> committer
>> both in the foundation and jira.
>> I would like _contributor_ rights, not commit rights.

Done.

Gilles

Re: [VFS][LANG] Jira rights

Posted by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.

Re: [VFS][LANG] Jira rights

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.
That doesn’t apply to jira rights.  Someone has to add me as a
contributor.  That does not happen automatically.

On February 19, 2018 at 09:54:23, Matt Sicker (boards@gmail.com) wrote:

Commons is slightly different. Everyone at Apache can contribute and is an
automatic committer. There’s a PMC as well which works normally.

Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [VFS][LANG] Jira rights

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>