Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/01 03:07:08 UTC

JavaOne: Meta-Annotations

The ability to override annotations without having to express the linkage to the classes that use those annotations.

1. meta-data in xml
    - overriding java classes
    - hard to maintain the relationship between classes and config
    - redundant config

2. annotation meta-data
    - easy to maintain the relationship between classes and config
    - overriding java classes
    - redundant config in both annotation and xml

3. meta-annotations with annotation-level override
    - easy to maintain the relationship between "config" and classes
    - overriding annotations, not classes
    - extremely brief config in both annotation and xml

Re: JavaOne: Meta-Annotations

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
heh, ok.  that was mean to be sent to me.  some notes for one of my JavaOne talks!

Nothing secret about it, just completely out of context. :)

Disregard :)

-David