Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Unico Hommes <Un...@hippo.nl> on 2001/12/17 17:31:29 UTC

Slide Stores

Hi !

I have a question about the slide stores. I took a look at some of them. I
would like to use MySql for the descriptor storage etc. but I noticed that
it said in the source of the MySqlDescriptorsStore that code was only to be
used with mysql 3.22 or earlier. Can anybody tell me why this is ? What
would it take to write a MySqlDescriptorsStore for later versions, could I
stick with the default JDBCDescriptorsStore. Also, MySqlDescriptorsStore
extends AbstractSimpleService wich means that only one transaction context
can exist at one time. Does this mean that concurring transactions are
qeued, or does slide instantiate multiple stores. Would a real world
application that must scale for say, 50 concurrent users, have to use
multi-transaction capable stores, such as one extending AbstractService ?

Thanks,

Unico Hommes

Re: FileContentStore and revision

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.
Hi Kevin

The slide engine has versioning support but the WebDAV interface
doesn't.
That Delta V support is on our wish list but that wish hasn't been
granted yet ;-)
So there isn't a magic config option that you can enable.

Dirk

Re: Slide Stores

Posted by Dan Diephouse <di...@eastnode.com>.
That is correct.  With Mysql 3.23 and above (Or maybe it was version
3.22.23 and above, I don't remember) you need to use the
JDBCDescriptorStore.  Before that mysql was broken because transactions
didn't work, so MySQLDescriptor store was developed.

- Dan Diephouse

Re: Slide Stores

Posted by Jean-Philippe Courson <co...@noos.fr>.