Posted to dev@oodt.apache.org by Tom Barber <to...@spicule.co.uk> on 2017/09/09 13:03:49 UTC

CVEs etc

Hi folks

This isn't supposed to be an alarmist email, but quite enlightening all the
same.

I saw a link to a plugin on the Drill mailing list called Dependency Check
Report so I wired it into  my OODT repo amongst others to see what was
flagged up since the Struts fallout.

Anyway, of course its unlikely but not out of the question to run OODT
fronting on to the interwebs so I think this is decent food for thought as
to why its useful to keep dependencies up to date as much as possible.

Here's a selection of the output:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ida8dk54yleedo/curator-webapp.html?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wgt1facgjhqiqkq/fmbrowser.html?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o8kqcaktplzjy4y/metadata.html?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cli4pj4jc564f16/pge.html?dl=0

Of course there is a bunch of repetition in there and plenty that aren't
over the top severe, some may also be false positives, but as we work
through to OODT 2.0 with the new stuff and chopping out the old stuff,
reducing these as much as possible I would posture.

Tom

Re: CVEs etc

Posted by BW <we...@apache.org>.
Utilizing more than one,if feasible, would be a good avenue to pursue.

Re: CVEs etc

Posted by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@apache.org>.
More on this Tom and folks...

Re: CVEs etc

Posted by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@apache.org>.
Very good.
Are we opening tickets for all of the upgrades or...

Re: CVEs etc

Posted by Tom Barber <to...@spicule.co.uk>.

Re: CVEs etc

Posted by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@apache.org>.
Ack

Re: CVEs etc

Posted by Tom Barber <to...@spicule.co.uk>.

Re: CVEs etc

Posted by Sean Kelly <ke...@apache.org>.
Huh. That's a nifty tool.

A little frightening.

--k

Re: CVEs etc

Posted by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@apache.org>.
Hi Tom,
I was reading the Struts PMC Experian response this morning and it made me
come back t this thread.
A very good topic and worthy of some action IMHO.
OODT is jam packed with dependencies and we should be prudent about making
upgrades when they become available.
Why do you propose are action items here?