Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Mark Fortner <ph...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/24 18:44:55 UTC

[VFS] Operations API Question

I was looking at the Operations API which seems to imply that the developer
would be able to provide their own operations for different types of file
systems.  The only example seems to be a version control system which at
present seems to be just a collection of interfaces.  I was wondering if
someone has some examples of how this is supposed to be used.  There are no
package comments, or class comments to point people in the right direction.

My thought is that I might be able to use this to combine the Javabeans
Activation Framework's support for files-specific actions with the
Operations API.  This would allow the user to right-click on a file and see
a list of operations that are pertinent to that file type.  For example, if
the user selects a music file, it might allow them to open an external music
player, or view song metadata.

Mark Fortner

blog: http://www.jroller.com/phidias