Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by sumit shah <sh...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2006/03/08 23:27:55 UTC

Patch for SoapSampler.java SoapSamplerGui.java allow to send SOAPAction header from SOAP/XML-RPC request

Dear JMeter Developers:

I have two patches that I would like to submit that gives you the
options of sending a SOAPAction header from the SOAP/XML-RPC Request
sampler.  I realize that you can send this header using the HTTP Header
Manager config element, however this should make it easier to send it
from one screen.

There are two patches to enable this functionality.  One patch is for
SoapSampler.java and the other is for SoapSamplerGui.java.  Please use
as you see fit.

Also I have attached one more patch.  This is to HTTPSampler.java.  In
our own usage sometimes the call to conn.getResponseCode(); woiuld
return -1 for no apparent reason when in fact the responseCode was 200.
We could not pin down the source of this problem and had to hadd the
following lines to parse the HTTP Response Message and use that as the
response code.

      if(errorLevel == - 1) {
        try {
          int code = Integer.parseInt(res.getResponseMessage().substring
(0, 3));
          res.setResponseCode(Integer.toString(code));
          res.setSuccessful(200 <= code && code <= 399);
        } catch (Exception e) {
          res.setSuccessful(false);
        }
      }

Obviously this is a hack, but I'm sending this out in case anyone else
runs across this and wants to see how we worked around it.

Thanks,
Sumit

Re: Patch for SoapSampler.java SoapSamplerGui.java allow to send SOAPAction header from SOAP/XML-RPC request

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Thanks very much.

But please could I ask you to re-submit the patches via Bugzilla?
It's much easier to keep track of things that way.

Once you have created the Bugzilla issue, you can re-open it and
attach the patches to it.

Thanks.

S.