Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Martin Harris <ma...@cloudsoftcorp.com> on 2014/01/14 12:58:09 UTC

v0.8.0 JMX Beans

Hi,

I'm upgrading from version 0.7.2-incubating to 0.8.0, and I've noticed that
the JMX beans have changed considerably. I'm trying to find equivalent
values to the following (all were previously on kafka.SocketServerStats):
NumFetchRequests, TotalFetchRequestMs, MaxFetchRequestMs,
NumProduceRequests, TotalProduceRequestMs, MaxProduceRequestMs,
TotalBytesRead and TotalBytesWritten

Would someone be able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,

--
Martin Harris
Lead Software Engineer

Re: v0.8.0 JMX Beans

Posted by Joe Stein <jo...@stealth.ly>.
JMX on 0.8 is different than 0.7

Check out also https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/System+Tools#SystemTools-JMXTool to go along with the doc explanation.  Some sample maybe could get posted somewhere for more clarity but it is a lot there per the docs.  Always good to see it live.

 Joe Stein
 Founder, Principal Consultant
 Big Data Open Source Security LLC
 http://www.stealth.ly